Top Seven Tips For Oily Skin
If you’re someone with an oily skin type, you’d already know it could be a task to care for it sometimes. For the uninitiated, an oily skin type is where excess oil on the face produces a persistently shiny or greasy appearance. And when you leave oily skin untreated, it could lead to clogged and enlarged pores, dead skin cells may accumulate and your skin could have to deal with blackheads, pimples and other types of acne regularly. Hence, we’re here to give out some easy oily skin care tips that you can follow.
- Invest in a lightweight mattifying moisturiser to avoid your face from turning extremely greasy and still remain moisturised for long hours.
- If you’re washing your face every few hours, avoid doing that as it may strip off the natural oils that your skin needs to stay hydrated. Overwashing your face will only end up getting more oil over your face instead of controlling it.
- Always carry blotting papers along with you wherever you go no matter what the weather. You can gently tap one for these thin small papers when your skin starts to get too shiny and grimy-looking.
- Only exfoliate your skin once or twice a week to buff away dead skin cells that clog your pores. Over-exfoliating will harm your skin’s protective later, hence avoid it.
- Being out in the sun can increase oil production which makes your skin greasier than usual. Thus, applying broad-spectrum gel-based sunscreen will shield you from harmful UV rays.
- Add a toner to your skincare routine that helps shrink open pores which in turn controls excessive oil production.
- Using a natural face mask with ingredients like multani mitti will help your oily skin stay fresh and healthy as it soaks up excess oil from the face, removes impurities and bacteria and even soothes your stressed skin.
Now that you know of some tips that you can use for your oily skin, let us tell you a little skincare routine that you can follow to achieve glowing skin.
Daily Skincare Routine for Glowing Skin:
Step 1: Cleanse: Always start by cleansing your face with a gentle natural cleanser. You can opt for the Pure Sense Relaxing Macadamia Deep Nourishing Face Cleansing Oil. It is a luxuriously unique cleanser that gently cleanses your skin and hydrates it deeply. The cleansing oil has a non-drying formula and it will pamper your skin with the much-needed hydration. It is formulated with pure ingredients sourced from nature that nourish your skin and calm your senses.
Step 2: Tone: Once you’re done cleansing your face, make sure to use a hydrating toner that evens out your skin tone and prepares it for all the next steps.
Step 3: Serum: Use a face serum that targets the problem areas on your skin so that your acne, breakouts, blackheads, whiteheads, under-eye circles, fine lines and wrinkles are all taken care of. You can also use a serum that is a generic hydrating one so that it can protect your overall skin each day.
Step 4: Moisturise: Make sure you never skip a moisturiser no matter what your skin type. Use a moisturiser that suits your skin and always include it in your morning as well as a night skincare routine.
Step 5: Sunscreen: Use a sunscreen with SPF 30 or above to keep your skin protected from the harmful UV rays of the sun. You won’t have to worry about fine lines, wrinkles, suntan, and any kind of sun damage once you regularly start applying sunscreen.
Comments are closed.